Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunset at Whitecliff



My father used to take me hear when I was young to watch the sun set. He would take pictures of the sunset and read me the local First Nations legends from Pauline Johnson. I never caught anything but still find it a peaceful place to climb around the rocks and enjoy.



It was the first time since I was a kid we actually climbed down and sat on the same perch I used to many years ago. I finally clued in that we watch the sun set behind Bowen Island. We’ll have to visit the sunshine coast this summer. I’ve never been there before.



Yesterday I got a picture of the sunrise from Hollyburn Ridge and the sunset from Whitecliff. Now that’s what I’m talking about. It was a special sunset according to NASA. They said after the sun set you could see Venus, Mercury, the crescent moon all line up with a star consolation. All we could see was the crescent moon: http://spaceweather.com/headlines/y2009/24apr_eveningsky.php

Doing the sunrise and sunset in the same day made me think of the song from fiddler on the roof. My kids are almost all grown up now. Where did the time go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLLEBAQLZ3Q

No comments: