Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kayaking at Whitecliff


I put the kayak in at Whitecliff yesterday. That's something I've wanted to do for a while. Paddled around the little island we climb on then over to Horseshoe bay for a snack and back again.

Paddling to Bowen Island is totally realistic. I just want to get more experience and keep working on my balance first. The ocean is sure different than the flat water. I've been paddling up and down the Bedford channel of late.

Bobbing up and down in the waves like a cork was interesting. I can see how people get sea sick after a while. Nevertheless, the water is clean and I like that. I checked out Ambleside and Deep Cove that afternoon and both were totally calm. Not sure why there were a few waves where I was but it was good experience and I'm getting more comfortable with the balance thing. More trips ahead.

No comments: