Sunday, November 22, 2009

Living the Dream

Well I sure love my new second job. I'm working in a cafe at an old cabin on a local ski hill. You have to snowshoe or cross country ski to get to it and it was built in 1926. It's very rustic and they have lots of old photos with antique skis and snowshoes on the walls. They specialize in homemade soups and bread and do chocolate fondues for the snowshoe tours at night with head lamps.

Today I got up early and snowshoed in about eight inches of fresh powder to the cabin. Lit a fire in an old wood stove. Made some home made bread and worked the grill in the cafe for the snowshoers and cross country skiers. Now that's living the dream.

I got cut back to part time hours in my regular job so I had to find something on the side. So if you see my reflection on a snow covered hill, maybe a landslide will bring it down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f46rv5EWbAU

No comments: