Monday, June 1, 2009

Howe Sound Crest Trail



Well I finally found Howe Sound Crest Trail tonight. I always go in the winter or spring when the markers are buried under 10 feet of snow. Today you could finally see the markers peaking out of the snow.

At the beginning of the trail right after the ski runs on Cypress there is a fork in the trail. There’s a high road and a low road. Take the low road, which goes straight. I took the high road in winter once and ended up climbing the double black diamond ski hill on the other side of Mount Strachan.
.

I would always get to this spot and loose the trail. This is where it continues. It’s just that in winter the trail is completely covered in snow and very hard to find. It is a really nice summer trail though.
.
.
Since the trail is narrow and cuts across the side of the mountain, ten feet of snow completely covers the trail in winter.
.

I think I finally found Christmas gully the far side of Mount Strachan.
.

There was a nice sunset behind Bowen Island in Howe Sound. It’s another angle of the view from Whitecliff.
.

This one is from the Bowen Island look out on Howe Sound Crest trail.

No comments: