Friday, September 11, 2009

Sunset Third Beach



I put in at Third Beach tonight just before sunset. Paddled around Siwash Rock. My father used to read me all the first Nation legends about Siwash Rock and the Sisters as recorded by Pauline Johnston.
.

.
The Pauling Johnston memorial is at Third Beach. My father used to try and take a picture of it right when them sun was shining on it. As I got there tonight the sun was shining on it through the trees.
.
.
The sunsets at third Beach are just as nice as at Whitecliff. The key is to wait an hour after the sun drops below the horizon. The longer you wait the more radiant the orange sky becomes. Last night on the way home from Whitecliff the sky was fire orange behind harbour center and downtown as we drove over the second narrows. Tonight the sky lit up again in dark orange.
.


As I contemplate the horrendous greed and tyranny of the likes of Darren Entwistle and others the words "Envy not the oppressor and choose none of his ways" comes to mind. Just be glad you're not him. He does not exist in your world.

No comments: