Friday, October 17, 2008

Finian’s Epiphany


When I ran the New Vision web site I remember writing a three part epiphany. The first was when I snowshoed up Hollyburn ridge for the first time. The view was amazing: http://www.camcentral.net/images/cypress/cypresspan.htm

The second was when I snowshoed up Dam mountain on Grouse. The view of the back country was breathtaking. The third was when my father passed away.

The new one is a reawakening, a remembering and a moving on. I like Paul Gross. I like the character he played in Due South:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozVYR03Mzcw
He played the naive, Dudly do Right Mountie in Chicago and made friends with his local partner. The last season they changed his partner and it was different. Kinda like how they wrecked the third Mummy Returns. The first two were great but the third one they gave him a new wife and she did well but the magic was lost. It just wasn’t the same.

I like this Due South fan vid that was remixed with a Lorenna Mckennitt song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgam7zPTYhk What a cool combination. Lorenna Mckennitt is very talented. Normally harp music is very tinny but she has a knack for reaching into the ancient and makes the harp come to life. Her music transcends time.

The point, the epiphany… A friend from work said to me he’s been reading my blog and says he hates the world now. That clearly wasn’t my objective. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Finding out about Operation Northwoods, the USS Liberty, the CIA drug for gun cartel… it all gets overwhelming so it does. However, my point is that in a free and democratic society we are able to speak out against such corruption and record our dissent.

You break a conspiracy by making it public. If apathy sells our freedom down the river then so be it. Personally I can’t live with apathy. It chokes me and makes it hard to breathe. That is why I seek out higher ground. Life is about choices and I’m OK with that. Cheers.

No comments: