Sunday, October 12, 2008

See More



Well the music died but the beat goes on and the base keeps runnin runnin runnin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_d_zDPS2hc When you watch the news on TV or read the paper, it’s really easy to get depressed. Not to mention if you read the news on the Internet the mainstream media has been censoring. It’s sad.
.
When I’m overcome with the Van Gogh or the MacBeth sadness, I like to get out and climb. Get the heart pumping, some fresh air and enjoy some massive peaks. Now that’s what I’m talking about. When I come back down I feel good. Just like James Brown. The top picture is Vancouver city and Stanley park from Seymour. The mountain range above the clouds is Vancouver Island so it is.

Some people say, your manic depressant. You’re bipolar and I’m like no, I’m human. Einstein said I think therefor I am. I say I feel therefor I am. There is a time and place for everything. A time to laugh, a time to cry, a time for war a time for peace. Emotion makes us human.

Barbosa in the Pirates of the Caribbean was cursed with the rest of his crew to live forever but without feeling. His hell was to see and eat an apple without tasting it. He had no feeling. Then right before Jack Sparrow had his curse lifted right before he shot him with his last bullet Barbosa exclaimed I feel … cold then died. The ability to feel makes us human and makes us alive.

I think the term bipolar is over prescribed. Oh I have seen people do some pretty strange things in my day, but I think the bipolar disorder is as over diagnosed as ADD. My father was the other extreme. He was a former teacher and principle and said he didn’t believe there was such a thing as ADD just lazy teachers. Personally I do think ADD exists but it is over prescribed.


Today I hiked on Seymour. I’ve always taken that peak for granted having skied it when I was young. Today I realized that the Mystery peak chair lift doesn’t take you to the peak of Seymour. They even have a new chair Brockton point but that doesn’t take you to the peak of Seymour. To get to the peak you have to hike up and the view is magnificent. Almost as good as Goat Ridge but you get a better view of the Indian Arm from Seymour.

Yesterday I was coming home from Whiterock and I saw a peak between the peaks that was covered in snow. It was a glacier north of the 49 in the other direction from Baker. As I drove the sun hit the snow capped peak and beckoned me. I have to find out how to get there I said. I ended up in Bellcarra but couldn’t find it as the clouds began to roll in. Bellcarra is nice but I still like White cliff better. You can see Bellcarra from Seymour so you can.


Then today on the other side of first pump on mount Seymour I saw it. Another hiker said it was Garibaldi. You can get there from Squamish. It’s right beside Black Tusk. Dead on says me. That’s me next stop so it is.

No comments: