Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Legend of Bob Marley



Speaking about prophets, how about that Bob Marley? A good friend of mine from Trinidad said Bob Marley was a rebel and quite the political activist so I had to check out some old songs from the vault. I stayed in Brixton for a while back in the /80’s and love the Caribbean community.

I worked with a chef from St. Kits while I was in London. He explained the black-eyed pea thing to me. You soak the black-eyed peas in water overnight, then you cook them half way and add them when you start cooking your rice. When the rice is done the peas are done and there you have it rice and peas man. A traditional Caribbean dish great with curry mutton and a pint of Guinness.

Get up Stand up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zTxUxFjLB0

No comments: