Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Fall Cycle



The fall cycle begins. Fall’s a nice time of year. Watching the leaves turn colour and fall from the trees in anticipation of winter. Winter’s my favorite season but fall represents change and preparation. I’m glad Canada’s emblem is a red maple leaf. Fall represents the circle of life.

One generation falls, the next generation rises. I just wish we left a better world for the next generation than the one we were born into. No such luck.

Sunspots are at an all time low: http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/30sep_blankyear.htm?list179555
So the slate has been wiped clean ready for the next cycle.

I’m looking forward to the first snowfall of the year in the local mountains. I’m looking forward to strapping on the snowshoes and powering up the old peaks with a new blanket of snow. I’m looking forward to trying out my ice axe and strapping on the crampons to reach some new peaks in the peak of winter. Now that’s what I’m talking about. Until the end of time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7JuArhpTB8&NR=1

No comments: